Whether it is a scene of you or your loved ones out in nature, or a landscape that you love, I'll create something beautiful and unique for you to celebrate that special moment in time. I will give you a piece of art that will last a lifetime and along with that a precious memory that you hold dear.
What you get
- Consultation with me to plan the artwork. This is typically done over email but we can also chat over the phone if you prefer.
- My time spent talking with you and planning the project, doing any research or collection of images that may be necessary for the project.
- A plan in writing detailing the description of the artwork and timeline for completion
- A contract between the two of us
- At least one preliminary sketch, more can be created if you desire to see a couple of different options.
- A picture of the artwork once it is laid out on the watercolor paper and before I start painting.
- The final artwork, signed and shipped to you in a water-protected mailer along with a note from me and framing tips.
What I need from you
An idea of what you want. What would you like to see captured in watercolor paint? Think about the scene and please provide any reference photos or descriptions that could help me in fulfilling your vision for the artwork.
Timely responses to emails that I send you. If you do not answer an email within a couple of days please keep in mind, that could bump the completion time to a later date.
I'm up front with my pricing because nobody likes it when the pricing is a surprise. These numbers are starting points because each painting is unique and some may require more attention than others. If the art that you want done is very complex you can expect that the cost may be slightly more than the quote below.
- $175 for a 5 x 7 custom watercolor painting
- $445 for an 8 x 10 custom watercolor painting
- $715 for an 11 x 14 custom watercolor painting
- $800 for a 12 x 16 custom watercolor painting
- $1000 for a 16 x 20 custom watercolor painting
- $125 for a 5 x 7 black and white drawing
- $225 for an 8 x 10 black and white drawing
- $500 for an 11 x 14 black and white drawing
- $700 for a 12 x 16 custom black and white drawing
How do I reach out to you about custom work?
If you have a request for custom art send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will evaluate the work and time involved and give you a quote if I am interested. I do not always respond to a request for custom work. If I am not interested in taking the job or if I am too busy at the time I may simply not reply.
What custom work do you create?
Watercolor art, ink drawings, landscapes.
What I really love to create for people are meaningful scenes from nature. If you have a photo from a place that you traveled to or a place that means a lot to you that you would like to see captured in a painting or drawing hit me up, I would love to make that happen for you!
A note on tattoo designs: I have created illustrations to be given to a tattoo artist but I am not a tattoo artist myself. So if you would like a tattoo design from me keep in mind that I will create for you an illustration which you can then take to your tattoo artist, but I do not know what may go into placement on the body, that is for your tattoo artist to figure out.
What things will you not paint?
No portraits of people or pets (it's ok if there are people and/or animals in the artwork but it's not the main subject)
No typical logos or vector art. I'm not a graphic designer, if you need a basic logo for your business go to a graphic designer. However if you are interested in something really unique such as a hand-drawn ink or watercolor logo I can do that. Understand that you will not be getting a vector image but you will get a high quality illustration. Logo pricing will differ from the price estimates above. Pricing starts at $300 for a logo.
Here are some examples of art that I can create for you
Here are some examples of art that I've created for people.
This is a tattoo design that I created for someone who had traveled all around the USA in an RV. This was an awesome piece to create, I really had fun with it. He gave me a bunch of pictures of places he had gone and a loose description of what he wanted. I created sketches for him to choose from and we worked from there. I want to make sure you are happy and feel involved in the process of creating your custom piece so you can expect several emails from me throughout the process, especially if it is complex.
This is a simple tattoo design that I created for a friend
This is a watercolor pet portrait that I created for a client
This is a drawing I did for a local business, Honey Bee Bakery
I created this illustration for Crafty Mart
I illustrated this design for Daisy Country. A store dedicated to memorabilia for Catherine Bach/Daisy Duke